Consider gathering friends, family and co-workers to organize a third party event. Third-party events can range from bake sales and jeans day to auctions and golf tournaments or other fun events! Your efforts will greatly impact the care of thousands of children and families that temporarily call our House “home” each year. Please review the following guidelines before submitting an event proposal form.
1) The following Third-Party Fundraising Event Proposal must be completed and returned to Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Central Indiana (hereby known as RMHCCIN) staff prior to authorization to conduct an event. The proposal must be submitted at least 10 business days prior to event.
2) Use of RMHCCIN name or logo will only be authorized after completion of the Third-Party Event Proposal. Sponsor is authorized to use the name “Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Central Indiana” only in connection with the Fundraising event, and only until the completion of the event, or termination of this agreement. All usage of the trademark of the Ronald McDonald House Charities shall bear the registered trademark symbol ®.
3) Any advertisements or press releases need to be approved by RMHCCIN prior to their release. Publicity will not suggest that the event is being sponsored or co-sponsored by RMHCCIN or that RMHCCIN is involved in any way except as the beneficiary.
4) By submitting a proposal form, you agree that:
- Event organizers will conduct a third-party event for the benefit of Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Central Indiana (RMHCCIN) in accordance with the provisions of this proposal and letter.
- Event organizers will maintain the insurance coverage evidenced by the Certificate of Insurance accompanying this proposal throughout the pendency of the event.
- Event organizers who conduct the event will conform to applicable laws, rules, regulations and ordinances.
- Event organizers will not use any trade or service mark or related copyright of McDonald’s Corporation (“McDonald’s”), except as authorized by McDonald’s.
- Event organizers will indemnify and hold McDonald’s, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and franchisees, Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Central Indiana and their respective trustees, directors, officers, employees, volunteers, and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, judgments, penalties, settlements, losses, damages, and expenses, including court costs and reasonable attorney’s fees, incurred or suffered by these parties in connection with or as a result of the event.
- Event organizers shall perform all things necessary for the successful completion of the fundraising event, and shall assume full obligation and responsibility for the payment of all expenses in connection therewith, without regard to the amount of funds collected for the event.
5) RMHCCIN cannot guarantee staff members or volunteers to assist in the event.
6) RMHCCIN is unable to provide assistance in soliciting donations, handling of mailings, attending committee meetings, recruiting attendees, collecting monies or providing access to donor lists or contacts.
- What is a Third‐Party Fundraising Event?
- A third-party event is a fundraising activity performed by a group or individual, where our organization has no fiduciary responsibilities and little or no staff involvement. It is planned and executed by an event organizer, or a person, group, or organization who is independent of RMHCCIN.
- I want to host a Third-Party Fundraising Event, what are my next steps?
- Submit a Third-Party Event Proposal on our website. Once the proposal is approved, you may begin promoting your event!
- If participants donate directly to Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Indiana, can staff provide names and amounts donated?
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Indiana respects the confidentiality of its donors and will not release their contact information.
- Will RMHCCIN promote my event?
- Due to the high volume of requests we receive, RMHCCIN cannot guarantee assistance promoting the event. If able, we will try to include events on social media and other online resources when appropriate. However, we can not secure media opportunities via television, newspaper or other media sources to promote the sponsoring organizations event/fundraiser.
- Will an RMHCCIN representative attend my event?
- Due to limited staff and resources, we cannot guarantee a representative at your event. We will do our best to accommodate requests when we can.
- Collect Donations: Set out our RMHCCIN branded collection boxes next to cash registers, and in your local businesses to encourage your customers to help you support RMHCCIN.
- Host a fundraiser: Host a jean’s day, throw a bake sale, host a sporting event or donate a percentage of a designated event’s profits. Be creative and organize an activity that is personal to you!
- Designate Ronald McDonald House Charities as the beneficiary for your event: If your business or organization hosts an annual event that generates funds, consider donating a portion of the proceeds.
- Need a little more inspiration? Click here to download a list of additional fundraiser ideas! (To request an accessible version of the Fundraiser Ideas please email email@example.com.)
If you have more questions about organizing and hosting a third-party fundraising event at your business, school, organizations or church, please contact Adam Lowe, Marketing & Communications Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 267-0605, ext. 212.
Event Proposal Form