A courtyard with a playground for children to play
Stay At Our House
How to Stay at The House
Our goal is to ensure the comfort, health, and safety of all our guests, while opening our doors to as many families as possible. This is how we make sure you can focus on the most important thing — your child’s healing.
To stay at the Ronald McDonald House, you must:
- Have a patient 21 years or younger that is being treated at any Indianapolis area medical facility. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Complete a criminal history background check.
- Marion County residents must be referred by a hospital social worker
A Place To Rest Your Head
We know how much you have on your mind. We’re here to support you as you make decisions, provide strength, and care for your child. Our mission is to take care of as much as we can, so you can focus on what matters most. That means:
- Private guest rooms for up to four people
- Hot meals prepared by our chef and volunteers
- Kitchens for cooking your own meals
- Fully stocked community pantries available at all times
- Stocked laundry rooms, available for personal laundry
Don’t worry about finding food. Don’t worry about finding lodging. We’re your home away from home.
Staying at RMHCCIN is completely free. While we happily accept donations, our doors are open to everyone.
RMHCCIN not only provided us shelter, but in addition a place of warmth, rest, safety, peace, and assured ease during our son’s medical treatments. We will forever be indebted to you.
A library brimming with reading materials for all ages
A game room complete with gaming systems and arcade-style games
A chance to rest and return to the hospital each day ready to be there for your child
Mac is our official Chief Cheer Officer — a very good boy who is excited to meet you and your family. He is hypoallergenic, high energy, and loves kids! If you’re staying with us, come meet him and say hi! He can’t wait to meet more tiny humans and their loving families.
Family Rooms: Find Space to Rest Your Head At The Hospital
Our House is always a place to come home to, but we understand that days in the hospital can be long. That’s why we have Ronald McDonald Family Rooms inside Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health. Our Family Rooms are places to rest, find comfort, enjoy lunch, and just get away for a moment.