Ronald McDonald House at Riley Hospital
A Home-Like Retreat without Leaving the Hospital
Any parent, grandparent or legal guardian of an inpatient or chemotherapy outpatient at Riley Hospital is welcome at the Ronald McDonald House at Riley Hospital. Because it is an area designed for respite and relaxation, we ask that parents not bring patients into the House.
With an orange family pass, families are eligible for these services:
- A kitchen where guests can make a meal or snack to enjoy in our eating area
- A pantry stocked with donated foods
- A laundry room with detergent provided
- A quiet room for reading, meditating and rest
- Shower facilities from 12-3 p.m.
- Nap facilities from 1-3:30 p.m.
The House at Riley also has six overnight guest rooms for families whose children are being treated in one of the Riley Critical Care Units: the ICU North, the ICU South, the Newborn ICU, the Infant ICU, the Burn Unit, and the Stem Cell Transplant Unit. The most important feature is that families are just steps away from their critically ill or injured children. (Families are referred to these six guest rooms by the Social Work Department at Riley.)